Candles and diffusers both bring great scents into your home and fill rooms with luxurious fragrances, they both have lots of different advantages.
Candles are a tradition in many cultures and sometimes even a luxury to treat yourself. What are the benefits of burning them? Some scents can trigger the same hormones over and over, making them popular in calming home scents. Aromas such as lavender, peppermint and geranium have been proven to be useful for the treatment of various psychological disorders.
Candles are best for:
- Creating an ambience with the flicking light and fragrance
- People who like more complex scents
- Adding a quick scent to the room
Candles might not be for you if:
- If you’re not home a lot - candles cannot be unattended
- You want a scent that lasts ages
What is a reed diffuser?
A reed diffuser uses reeds to draw the oils up and then gently releases them into the atmosphere. The oils come in a bottle which the reeds sit in for you to enjoy in your home. You can put a diffuser anywhere you like. People tend to prefer diffusers more if you have children as they are not a fire hazard.
With reed diffusers, you cannot reuse the reeds. However, you can reuse the glass bottle they came in and then essentially just order the reeds and different scents. This can sometimes be cheaper than ordering a whole new reed diffuser.
Reed diffusers are best for:
- Continuous scent
- No flames
- Can be put anywhere in the house
Reed diffusers might not be for you if:
- You like to change the fragrance of the room every day
In the battle of candles and diffusers, it comes down to personal preferences. When choosing this, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Safety: If you have kids a diffuser may be a safer choice, compared to a candle as there won’t be a burning flame.
- Smell: Candles tend to release a lot more of their fragrance a lot quicker compared to diffusers, however, some diffusers let you change the scent after a while whereas with candles you can’t.
- Duration: As diffusers don’t burn. They tend to last a lot longer and they are more eco-friendly as they can be reused, with changing very few parts.
Overall it’s completely up to you which you prefer. Whether that is a candle or a diffuser! They are equally as good, we hope this blog helped you learn a little bit more about the difference between the two.