If you are looking to change your packaging material, then one of the best choices you can make is deciding on metal. Using metal for your products’ packaging offers many benefits to you, your customers and the product itself. Here are five advantages of metal packaging:
- Product protection: Some products need to be stored in dark packaging and kept away from sunlight or other sources of light. Whether you use aluminium or steel, the packages are opaque and keep sunlight from reaching the product inside. Furthermore, metal is strong and can protect the inside contents from damage.
- Durability: Some packaging materials break down over time. Paper, for example, will wear thin and can be easily damaged by moisture. Plastics break down and become sticky as time goes on. Aluminium and steel are both considerably more durable than paper and plastic. Metal is made to last and to be reused multiple times.
- Sustainability: Most types of metal are easily recycled. Aluminium and steel are two of the most recycled materials in the world. Instead of having to extract new metal from the earth, most companies that use metal packaging use materials that are at least partially recycled, in fact it is estimated that 80%* of metal ever produced in the world is still in use today.
- Light weight: Some types of metal packaging, particularly aluminium, weigh a lot less than other materials. For example, an average six-pack of aluminium beer cans weighs much less than an average six-pack of glass beer bottles. The reduction in weight means lower shipping costs for your company, plus increased convenience for the people who buy your products.
- Attractive to customers: Many consumers are looking for ways to reduce their carbon footprint and to live more sustainable, eco-friendly lives. Since metal is widely known to be easy to recycle and known to have fewer risks to people and planet than plastic, using it to package your products can help you connect with consumers who want to go green.
At Tinware Direct, we offer a huge variety of stock metal packaging, ready to deliver the next working day. We also provide a bespoke service allowing you to create any shape or size custom tin, based on your brand goals and designed around your product. Get in contact with us today to talk about your tin packaging options.