Choosing the right container for your candles can be a bit of a minefield if you are a novice candle maker. You have to ensure you choose a packaging option that doesn’t leak, catch fire, crack or break. Even if your candle burns properly, the wax and flame get hot as it burns, so your container needs to heat resistant.
if you are in the early stages of candle making and experimenting, why not consider using teacups or coffee mugs as these are built to withstand high temperatures.
Before researching and settling on a more permanent solution to your candle packaging quandary it might be worth considering the following key points…
- Glass is available in lots of different colours
- Glass is non-flammable and non-porous making it very suitable for candles
- Glass can still crack if exposed to too much heat. This can be prevented by purchasing glass which is approved for the use of candles. As a general rule the thicker the glass, the less likely it is to crack.
- Glass is both recyclable and reusable
- You can apply a branded label to glass
- Welded side seam tins: these have a welded seam and are made specifically for candles. The only disadvantage to welded side seam tins is that you cannot achieve an all over print on the body as the weld prevents you from attaining this.
- Glued seam tins: these are seamed tins with the seam of the body glued to ensure the tin doesn’t leak. These can be more favourable than welded side seam tins if you wish to achieve an all over printed look.
- Seamless tins: these tins don’t have a seam at all in the body. The body of the tin can be printed in one solid colour but seamless tins are actually bent into shape when manufactured so any more colours applied to the body can cause distortion. You might also experience this with a solid dark colour.
- Aluminium tins – again aluminium tins are also seamless so are often a popular choice for candle retailers however whilst an all over print on aluminium containers can be achieved the minimum order quantities can be 10,000 pieces or more.
- All sealed tins are both recyclable and reusable
- You can apply a branded label to all sealed tins
- Sealed tins are non-flammable and non-porous making them suitable for candles
- Sealed tins are unbreakable
Take a look at our wide range of candle tins. If you would like to place an order, give us a call on 01234 77 2001.